Good Vibes Drive
Our mental well-being is a key issue for us here at Team VRUK, which is one of the reasons we support so many mental health charities (July's Minotaur is supporting RETHINK Mental Illness Charity).
2020 has been such an incredibly tough year for many and the fall out affects of Covid 19 are only just beginning.
According to a briefing document produced by the Centre for Mental Health; 'The Covid-19 pandemic is likely to lead to an increase in mental ill health in the UK, as a result of both the illness itself and the measures being taken to protect people from the virus. ' 'If the economic impact is similar to that of the post 2008 recession, then we could expect 500,000 additional people experiencing mental health problems, with depression being the most common.'
So we have launched a Good Vibes Drive for the remainder of 2020
- From July, every month until the end of 2020 we will support a mental health charity with one of our challenges
- July Minotaur
- August Golden Snitch
- September Black Dog IV
- Keep our helpful resources page as up to date as possible
- Did you know we had a help page? As a Team we fundraise for several mental health charities including Rethink Mental Illness. We have asked their advice on where best to point Team members who may be struggling and find themselves needing to talk.
- Running Buddies Campaign We all know that physical exercise can aid our mental well-being. So we are working on an exciting new challenge that encourages you to take part with a friend. Details will be revealed soon
- Free Well-being Challenges There is a stack of amazing well-being advice and exercises available online. But we know it can seem a little overwhelming even searching through them. So every Friday until the end of 2020 we will upload a new exercise for anyone that wants to try it as a form of relaxation and stress-relief. We hope that when combined with regular exercises and a healthy eating plan, it will help manage some of the stresses team members feel. We will also include a link to the source.